May 30 2019
Today I want to talk to you about the HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator) and why it’s important for your home
The HRV’s primary function is to preheat the cold air coming in with the warm air that’s being exhausted so that it doesn’t have a blast of cold air hitting your furnace and this increases the efficiency of the furnace itself.
We recommend servicing your HRV twice a year - probably every six months just to keep everything functioning optimally.
- Undo tabs on the sides which will allow the door to swing down
- Unplug the unit or turn the power off of at the breaker
- Grab the core firmly yet slowly until it pops up
- Clean Core: Use a brush, rinse it off and set it aside to dry
- Clean the condensation drain holes located at the bottom of the tank
- Pull out filter and clean. Rinse and set aside to dry
- Make sure drain lines are clear - pour some water down and make sure that that hose is clear to the drain hose
- Reinstall filters back into there respective spots - make sure the arrow faces up on the core when installing
- Close up the door
- Turn the power back on
Boom - you are done!