Life at Baywest Homes
Baywest Homes has a proud history and has emerged as one of Calgary’s most exciting specialty production builders. We focus on Executive Paired Homes, Bungalow Villas, Semi-Estate, Estate and Custom homes in the city’s most dynamic new and established communities. We are a values-led, collaborative organization with a reputation of friendly, knowledgeable, honest, and professional conduct.
Because we build custom homes and develop land, the people that tend to thrive at Baywest are those that think out of the box and love to find solutions around roadblocks. Many of our managers and staff have grown within the company over the long term and we continuously work towards an environment that values diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
Baywest Homes offers a competitive salary and benefits package within a vibrant, collaborative work environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Manager, Community Development
POSTED AUGUST 16TH
- Reporting to President.
- Participate as a key member of the management team.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to the establishment of the yearly targets for all companies.
- Stay current on emerging trends in our industry.
- Actively be engaged with BILD Calgary initiatives.
- Participate as a full team member within Section23 Developments/Baywest Homes corporate structure including the attendance at regular weekly meetings, project meetings, annual strategic planning meetings and the sharing of creative ideas on current and proposed company operations.
- Lead all community development initiatives for the company.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to develop appropriate lot types for market.
- Collaborate with company product development team for homes and with any external builders to develop appropriate lot types for market.
- Ensure all construction is completed and lots are delivered to the builders as per the yearly goals set for lot production.
- Assign tasks and direct project consultants to ensure lots are delivered on time and under budget.
- Attend weekly project meetings with consultants.
- Work with the City and our consultants to achieve the desired results to challenging design situations or new design goals.
- Review and comment on engineering, landscape design, and amenity drawings to ensure that the end product matches the target market.
- Lead internal teams in development of builder related materials. (i.e. Marketing plans, grade plans, etc.)
- Monitor and coordinate all required documents for projects to ensure a timely delivery of lots to builders.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets.
- Prepare cost to complete reports.
- Lead all project approvals for bank financing with assistance from other departments.
- Review loan draw requests for accounting department.
- Review project payables.
- Obtain legal subdivision and engineering approvals.
- Review and provide input on the Development Agreements which affects overall costs.
- Take a leading role to ensure maximum lot revenues can be achieved.
- Make recommendations on contractor/consultant selections to ensure projects stay on time and under budget.
- Track City drawing review times to ensure drawings are circulated in the appropriate time frames.
- Initiate planning of future infrastructure in projects and ensure serviceability of long term development plan.
- Monitor and ensure we receive all CCC’s and FAC’s for related projects and reduce all letters of credit.
- Ensure, through field inspections, safe project conditions.
- Ensure that all available oversize recoveries are received for all phases of development.
- Negotiate with the City financing agreements for capital projects.
- Ensure appropriate legal agreements are in place.
- Assist in the setup and management of community Home Owners’ Associations.
- Act as the representative for community development at builder meetings.
- Coordinate the procurement and construction of all show home parade landscaping.
- Coordinate shallow utility installations.
- Provide on-site construction progress and community inspections.
- Lead any new land acquisition due diligence.
- Assist with the visioning of new communities.
- Provide support as it relates to any land use and outline plan approvals.
- Direct any modifications to land use and outline plans.
- Professional engineering degree, Certified Engineering Technologist, or extensive civil engineering experience.
- Minimum 7+ years in the land development industry experience in coordinator or management roles.
- Proven ability to set and achieve development targets.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering and residential construction.
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead an external team.